Free 2oz SCRUB BODY BAR with purchase, use code JOJO
7 Steps to Get Rid of Dry Skin on Your Face
In this post, we run down seven different tips to make dry skin on your face a thing of the past.
How many times have you cursed those intercellular lipids? Probably never, but next time (hopefully there’s not a next time) you’re afflicted by dry skin, you should. The loss of intercellular lipids—ceramides, cholesterol and fatty acids that form skin’s bilayers–damages the water barrier foundation and leads to dry skin.
Dry skin on your face can crack, bleed and contribute to acne issues, not to mention being unsightly and putting a dent in your self-confidence. With winter at our doorstep, dry skin becomes more prevalent as temperatures and humidity dip, delivering air that helps rob the skin of natural oils that lock in moisture.
To get rid of dry skin on your face and prevent it from returning, follow our seven steps this winter and throughout the year.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize: Consistently applying moisturizer is the be-all end-all when it comes to countering dry skin. Three main types of ingredients within moisturizers–humectants, petrolatum and emollients–help attract moisture, seal it within the skin and smooth skin by filling in spaces between cells (See claim: Keeping moisture in the skin paragraph). For optimal effect, you need to slather it on immediately after washing your face or hands or drying off from a shower or bath.
Employ a smart bathing routine: Moisturizers will only do so much if you don’t incorporate some of the following actions into your daily showers or baths:
- Take just one 5-10-minute bath or shower daily. Doing more will strip away more of the skin’s oily layer, resulting in the loss of even more moisture.
- As good as a very hot shower might feel in the moment, sacrifice that feeling for a few minutes to achieve healthier, more attractive skin on your face. Extremely hot water also saps the skin of natural oils, so stick to warm or lukewarm water (See claim: What can you do about dry skin? paragraph).
- Invest in a humidifier: Humidifiers help put moisture back in the air and can reduce airborne diseases, helping that dry skin on your face heal faster in addition to assuaging sinus pressure. Put it in your bedroom to help you sleep at night and aid your look when you look in the mirror in the morning.
- Don’t scratch: As hard as it might be, resist the temptation to scratch. Creating more friction can exacerbate the issue. Luckily, following step number one on this list should help alleviate itchiness to varying degrees, depending on severity.
- Wear lip balm: Select a lip balm that feels good on your lips, and be wary of healing ones that can actually irritate more. Start by applying a small amount to see how your skin reacts.
- Alphabet soup: Not really, although that would be nice. A diet high in vitamins C, D and E can help stifle dry skin and deter it from returning (See claim: Dermatologic Indications paragraph). Try integrating more avocado, nuts and leafy greens into your routine to get further results.
- Find and utilize the right skin care products for you: To avoid making dry skin on your face worse, use gentle, unscented skin care products and steer clear of deodorant soaps and things that contain alcohol, retinoids or alpha-hydroxy acid. Since you’re probably not an expert in skin care, researching and committing to a skin care regimen can really help produce results.
Without breaking the bank, Tiege Hanley offers up a variety of products that work together to help men of all demographics rid themselves of dry skin. AM/PM Facial Firming Serum and Bedtime Facial Moisturizer are just a couple of items that can deliver results and eliminate dry skin on your face.
View this post on Instagram
"So far so good! Loving the freshness it brings in the morning... big shout out to Tiege Hanley for delivering the goods from the States to Sydney Australia... and a big shoutout to @aaronmarino for your motivation and recommendation!" -@world.of.ajv Sign-up today at Tiege.com #tiegehanley #tiege #skincare #grooming #glowingskin #healthyskin #mensgrooming #clearskin #loveyourskin #skincareaddict #skincaretips #skincarejunkie #beautifulskin #moisturizer #skincarelover #facecare #sensitiveskin #exfoliate #malegrooming
The Finishing Touch
A combination of common sense practices, especially during the winter, and commitment to a skin care routine tailored to your needs can help you avoid dry skin all winter and beyond!