Although we might not talk about it with our friends and share tips with each other as women do, gentlemen face the same effects aging has on the skin. At Tiege Hanley, we are all about helping you enhance your handsome and taking all the guesswork out of looking great and feeling awesome. We know it’s a pain in the butt to look great and keep mother nature at bay, so here are some tips to help you get rid of bags under your eyes and keep your rugged good looks for many years to come!
Here’s What Causes Bags Under Your Eyes
First, gentlemen, you should know that bags under your eyes are (unfortunately) more common as you age. The puffiness and mild swelling are caused by an accumulation of fluid and the weakening of some of the muscles and tissue structure that supports your eyelids.
Some habits that can lead to your eyes having bags:
- Smoking – Not only can smoking cause the breaking down of your skin’s elasticity, but the nicotine in cigarettes can alter your natural sleeping patterns. This can lead to a collection of fluids beneath your eyes.
- Lack of Sleep / Too Much Sleep – This might sound a bit odd but getting too much sleep can lead to bags under your eyes. Why? Because when you sleep, fluids will settle in your under-eye tissues. On the flip side, getting too little sleep can also lead to dark circles.
- Salty food – We know, we know, salty food is so tasty! But, salt helps your body retain fluids, which can then collect in the areas under your eyes.
- Alcohol – Yup, alcohol is a liquid, but this liquid can dehydrate you. This can lead to a weakening of the skin under your eyes, which can lead to bags forming.
Then there are some other causes, over which we have less control:
- Heredity – For some people, it just runs in their family. If your parents have bags under their eyes, there's a good chance you will too.
- Aging – As you get older, your muscles and tissues begin to weaken, which can lead to the skin beneath your eyes to sag.
- Allergies – Normally, people associate allergies with their nose being stuffed up, but that’s not the only impact of allergies. Allergies can also cause swelling in the tissues under your eyes.
How Men Can Avoid the Effects of Aging
The good news is that if you want to keep your youthful good looks and awesomeness in check, all you really have to do is start taking care of your skin now. Here’s a simple step-by-step guide for keeping your skin feeling good and looking great—no matter how old you are.
Step 1: Try to avoid some of the controllable factors highlighted above. Getting the proper amount of sleep, while simultaneously avoiding salty foods, smoking, and alcohol, can really help your effort to get rid of bags under your eyes, and prevent them from ever forming.
Step 2: Starting today, implement a men’s skin care regimen in your daily routine. The skin around eyes is very sensitive. Find a skin care system designed especially for guys. Your skin is much different from a woman’s and has totally different needs, so you definitely should not be using skin care products designed for women. We recommend using our skin care system, which was created just for men and offers an uncomplicated way to take care of your skin, including the bags under your eyes.
Step 3: Use a great eye cream that firms and tightens skin to reduce puffy eyes. It’s also important that the eye cream you choose is formulated for men. Why? Because there are quite a few differences between men’s and women’s skin.
Step 4: Make sure you get the right amount of sleep. Life is busy, but lack of sleep can have a lot of surprisingly negative effects on your overall health, which can lead to dark circles. What a lot of people don’t realize is that too much sleep can have a lot of negative effects as well, including bags beneath your eyes.
Step 5: Keep up with your daily skin care routine. We know it’s hard to remember to get to the store and it’s even harder to know everything you need to buy to keep those unsightly bags under control. Take the guesswork out of your routine by signing up for a monthly hassle-free subscription from a quality men’s skin care system, like Tiege Hanley, that will deliver everything you need right to your door. Simply open the box and you’re ready to go! That’s a no-brainer for no more bags, right gentlemen?
(BONUS STEP: A popular home remedy is to place slices of cucumber over your eyes. Cucumber has been known to help improve the look of bags under the eyes.)
Are You Ready to Say Goodbye to Under-Eye Bags and Enhance Your Handsome?
You’re a smart guy—we thought you might be! Join the thousands of men around the world who are fighting back against mother nature and ending under-eye bags with the Tiege Hanley Skin Care System.
No matter what type of skin you have or how old you are, there is a Tiege Hanley Skin Care System that’s perfect for you. In fact, Tiege Hanley has different high-end skin care systems that we ship and deliver right to your door each month. And we make it stress-free to get all the products you need, without even leaving your house! Gentlemen, we’ve got your back—and your face—with the skin care routine made for you.