How to Use Face Serums For Men in Your Skin Care Routine
There are a lot of different face serums for men out there. But which one is right for you? Learn how to choose the best face serum for your skin type and goals.
Chances are that you're interested in looking handsome and more youthful and, consequently, feeling more confident.
Due to the aging process and environmental stresses like extreme temperatures, pollution, and cigarette smoke (even secondhand), skin starts to lose elasticity — that natural firmness and bounce you associate with younger skin.
That's because the skin's hyaluronic acid levels start to decrease, leaving the skin to collect more fine lines and age spots.
Face serums are light liquids designed to deliver highly-concentrated doses of quality ingredients to your skin to keep moisture levels up so that your skin looks more youthful.
With a lot of products on the market, here's a handy guide to what your skin needs to look more youthful — no matter its type and the environmental stressors it faces every day.
Face Serums for Men: A 4-Step Skin Care Regimen Backed By Modern Science
Skin lotions may contain great ingredients, but in small doses with a heavy base.
Serums, being light and thin in texture, are rapidly absorbed.
They can help protect skin from future damage while addressing current issues. These four steps will help you get the most from your serum.
1. Know Your Skin Type, Skin Tone & Skin Concerns or Goals
The common skin types are:
- Oily skin, which tends to feel greasy, particularly around the T-zone (nose and cheeks)
- Dry skin, which can get red and flaky, particularly in colder months
- Troubled skin, which can be prone to breakouts, acne, redness, and general inflammation
- Combination skin, a blend of the above.
Skin tone (from pale to dark) is an index of how much melanin your skin contains. All skin tones can benefit from a good face serum. However, darker skin tones are prone to ashiness, for example (which is simply how dry skin looks with darker skin tones), while fair skin tones can more easily show sun damage in the form of discoloration and redness in extremely hot or cold conditions.
Common Skin Care Concerns and Goals
Some skin care objectives include:
- Making fatigued skin look brighter
- Reducing the appearance of fine lines or wrinkles
- Adding moisture to dry skin
- Reducing the darkeness or age spots
- Soothing irritated skin
Many leading dermatologists suggest combining serums with other skin care products like moisturizers and sunscreens to fight fine lines, age spots, general skin dullness, visibly large pores, and other skin issues.Try SUPER SERUM
2. Choose the Right Facial Serum & Active Ingredients: What to Look For
With many different serums on the market, it's important to look for a serum with natural ingredients supporting your skin care goals, while avoiding toxic chemicals which can further inflame your skin. The ingredients to look for are:
- Citric Acid — It is naturally found in citrus fruits like lemons and oranges. It can reduce the appearance of fine lines, and is a natural antioxidant and exfoliant.
- Sodium Hyaluronate — It is a form of hyaluronic acid that can penetrate deep into the skin to moisturize and hydrate the skin. It can help restore skin's natural hyaluronic acid levels, and has a protective effect on the body's collagen production abilities. (Hyaluronic acid is extremely important for men, as it leads to more youthful-looking skin).
- Retinyl Palmitate — It is a form of Vitamin A which can help restore sun-damaged skin.
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract — This green tea extract is full of natural antioxidants and contains an anti-aging compound known as EGCG, which is both hydrating and has anti-skin cancer properties.
Good face serums offer natural ingredients working synergistically to improve skin health in a holistic way.
3. How to Apply Your Face Serum for Optimal Results
4. Take Before-and-After Photos to Monitor Your Skin Over Time
If you're particularly concerned about dry patches or acne-prone skin, it can be smart and encouraging to take occasional photos to see if those areas are responding. If you're really concerned, consult a dermatologist. In case, you experience irritation from any product, you should stop using it.
Some studies of serums containing retinyl palmitate show improvement after as little as 2 weeks, with greater improvement in sun-damaged skin after 12 weeks.
Are You Ready for A Healthier Appearance & Skin Texture?
If you're ready to really make your skin look younger, reduce the appearance of fine lines, and give it a more even tone, use Tiege Hanley's Face Serum for Men.
Like all Tiege Hanley products, their facial serum for men contains excellent natural ingredients and is designed to be as uncomplicated and powerful as possible.Start a Skin Care Routine