Is Alfalfa Extract Good or Bad for Your Skin? (Updated March 2020)
Tiege Hanley breaks down the details on Alfalfa Extract, which helps skin care products provide their moisturizing capabilities. Sourced from the alfalfa plant (also known as Medicago sativa L), Alfalfa Extract contains multiple nutrients known to be beneficial toward skin care.
What is Alfalfa Extract?
This extract comes from the alfalfa plant (also known as Medicago sativa L). In skin care, alfalfa extract can help with moisturization and it’s also known to contain lots of beneficial nutrients.TRY MEN’S SKIN CARE
Benefits of Alfalfa Extract
- For acne sufferers, dry skin can be a problem. Look for creams and moisturizers containing Alfalfa Extract to help alleviate dryness.
- This extract is a powerful antioxidant. Use products with Alfalfa Extract to combat the effects of pollutants and airborne irritants.
- Antioxidants such as Alfalfa Extract are well known to soothe skin and make dull skin look brighter.
- Alfalfa is packed with essential nutrients, including proteins, a variety of minerals and vitamins A, B, C, D and E—all of which offer revitalizing and anti-aging benefits.
Actual Tiege Hanley customer testimonial:
“Over a 3 year period, I probably spent over two grand in skin care and still had acne. I decided to reach out and request to be a part of the Tiege Hanley Acne trial and I have been blown away. After two weeks, my skin was clear. It’s not the acne cream alone that cleared it up, but how all of the products work together as a whole.” Kyle B., NJ.
- Antioxidants can be used in both the morning and evening, but they are best used as part of your morning regimen. That way, you get the most benefit during the day, when environmental exposure is highest.
- Pair Alfalfa Extract with ingredients that can be otherwise drying to prevent flakiness and irritation.
Take the skin care quiz
Other Ingredients to Consider
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is a well-known antioxidant that will provide similar benefits to Alfalfa Extract. However, vitamin C can also be irritating whereas Alfalfa Extract offers soothing, calming benefits.
Products Containing This Ingredient
- Tiege Hanley Acne Cream
- StriVectin Advanced Retinol Concentrated Serum
- Skinfix Brightening Eye Cream