What is Alfalfa Extract?
This extract comes from the alfalfa plant (also known as Medicago sativa L). In skin care, alfalfa extract can help with moisturization and it’s also known to contain lots of beneficial nutrients.
Benefits of Alfalfa Extract
- For acne sufferers, dry skin can be a problem. Look for creams and moisturizers containing Alfalfa Extract to help alleviate dryness.
- This extract is a powerful antioxidant. Use products with Alfalfa Extract to combat the effects of pollutants and airborne irritants.
- Antioxidants such as Alfalfa Extract are well known to soothe skin and make dull skin look brighter.
- Alfalfa is packed with essential nutrients, including proteins, a variety of minerals and vitamins A, B, C, D and E—all of which offer revitalizing and anti-aging benefits.
- Antioxidants can be used in both the morning and evening, but they are best used as part of your morning regimen. That way, you get the most benefit during the day, when environmental exposure is highest.
- Pair Alfalfa Extract with ingredients that can be otherwise drying to prevent flakiness and irritation.
Other Ingredients to Consider
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is a well-known antioxidant that will provide similar benefits to Alfalfa Extract. However, vitamin C can also be irritating whereas Alfalfa Extract offers soothing, calming benefits.
Products Containing This Ingredient
- Tiege Hanley Acne Cream
- StriVectin Advanced Retinol Concentrated Serum
- Skinfix Brightening Eye Cream