What is Aloe Vera?
This extract is a gel harvested from the leaves of the Aloe Vera plant, which has a long history as a plant with many medicinal properties. Over time, Aloe Vera has been used as a moisturizer, a treatment for wounds, burns and other topical injuries, and it’s even been put to use as an oral medicine for a variety of ailments.
Benefits of Aloe Vera
- For acne sufferers, Aloe Vera is an ingredient that will promote faster healing of blemishes. That’s because the extract contains polysaccharides and growth hormones which stimulate cell growth.
- Aloe also stimulates skin’s natural production of hyaluronic acid, which is a chemical that holds water. Because of this, regular use of skin care products containing Aloe will result in fuller, more moisturized skin.
- This ingredient is also common in after-sun products because not only does it promote healing, but it also has a soothing, anti-inflammatory effect that helps calm irritation.
- The amino acids in Aloe work to soften skin cells. This combined with the increase in cell growth results in skin that is less wrinkled and more elastic.
- Aloe naturally contains salicylic acid, which gives the extract an antiseptic effect. If you have pimples that are caused by bacteria, then Aloe will help prevent them.
- Like most botanical extracts, Aloe is rich with antioxidants that help prevent damage caused by pollutants while helping the skin look bright and fresh.
- Aloe Vera is a great, all-around moisturizer with skin healing and antioxidant properties. Feel free to use it both morning and evening to keep your skin hydrated.
- In rare cases, Aloe has been known to cause allergic reactions, so we recommend that you test products with this ingredient on a small area before adding it to your regular routine.
Products Containing this Ingredient
- Tiege Hanley Bedtime Facial Moisturizer
- Clinique Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator
- L’Oreal Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care