What is Apricot Extract?
Often referred to as “apricot kernel oil,” Apricot Extract is a botanical ingredient that offers nourishment and moisturization.
Benefits of Apricot Extract
- Apricot Extract is an important antioxidant that fights the damage of pollution and free radicals.
- This ingredient is an emollient, which means that it soothes, smooths and softens skin.
- There are a variety of nourishing vitamins, minerals and nutrients in Apricot Extract. Chief among them is linoleic acid, which is an omega-6 fatty acid that has a calming, strengthening effect on skin.
- If you’re concerned about environmental damage, then make sure to use products with Apricot Extract as part of your morning routine.
- Apricot Extract can be used both morning and evening to correct problems with dry, flaky or irritated skin.
Other Ingredients to Consider
- Vitamin C and other botanical extracts containing antioxidants will protect your skin against environmental toxins, but most of these antioxidants don’t offer the emollient properties of Apricot Extract.
- Other oil-based extracts, such as flax seed oil or soybean oil, will have a similar emollient effect as apricot kernel oil. However, these extracts may be lacking in omega-6 fatty acids.
Products Containing This Ingredient
- Tiege Hanley Super Serum
- Glow Blithe Gold Apricot Pressed Serum
- First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Vital Greens Face Mist