Free HAND SANITIZER* with code Father.
Is Apricot Extract Good or Bad for Your Skin?
Tiege Hanley breaks down the details on Apricot Extract, an important emollient and antioxidant that fights the damage of pollution and free radicals. Often referred to as “apricot kernel oil,” apricot extract is a botanical ingredient that offers nourishment and moisturization.
What is Apricot Extract?
Often referred to as “apricot kernel oil,” Apricot Extract is a botanical ingredient that offers nourishment and moisturization.
Benefits of Apricot Extract
- Apricot Extract is an important antioxidant that fights the damage of pollution and free radicals.
- This ingredient is an emollient, which means that it soothes, smooths and softens skin.
- There are a variety of nourishing vitamins, minerals and nutrients in Apricot Extract. Chief among them is linoleic acid, which is an omega-6 fatty acid that has a calming, strengthening effect on skin.
TRY MEN’S SKIN CARE
- If you’re concerned about environmental damage, then make sure to use products with Apricot Extract as part of your morning routine.
- Apricot Extract can be used both morning and evening to correct problems with dry, flaky or irritated skin.
Other Ingredients to Consider
- Vitamin C and other botanical extracts containing antioxidants will protect your skin against environmental toxins, but most of these antioxidants don’t offer the emollient properties of Apricot Extract.
- Other oil-based extracts, such as flax seed oil or soybean oil, will have a similar emollient effect as apricot kernel oil. However, these extracts may be lacking in omega-6 fatty acids.
Take the skin care quiz
Products Containing This Ingredient