What Is Calendula Extract—Is it Good or Bad for Your Skin?
Tiege Hanley breaks down the details on Calendula Extract, a botanical ingredient that comes from the common marigold. This ingredient has several properties that make it essential to any skin care regimen, including the promotion of skin tightness, promotion of wound healing and UV protection.
What is Calendula Extract?
Calendula Extract is a botanical ingredient that comes from the common marigold. This ingredient has several properties that make it an essential in any skin care regimen.GOT WRINKLES?
Benefits of Calendula Extract
- Calendula Extract prevents aging in two different ways: It promotes skin tightness, which reduces day-to-day damage, and it also increases hydration within the skin, which is one of the main ways to prevent signs of aging.
- This ingredient also promotes wound healing while reducing inflammation. That makes Calendula Extract ideal for healing redness, acne and sunburn.
- Another great reason to make Calendula Extract a part of your routine is because, similarly to sunscreen, this extract helps protect skin against UV rays.
- Calendula has antiseptic properties, which are helpful for treating wounds and preventing acne.
- As a skin conditioner, Calendula Extract stimulates collagen production and it also reduces the occurrence of dry skin.
- Calendula is a naturally occurring antioxidant. It’ll help protect against pollutants and photoaging caused by sunlight.
- Use Calendula Extract during the daytime along with sunscreen to maximize this its sun-protective qualities.
- At night, Calendula Extract can be mixed into your routine to help with inflammation or to speed blemish healing.
Other Ingredients to Consider
Ingredients like aloe have similar moisturizing and wound healing properties, but Calendula Extract has the added advantage of protecting against UV radiation.
Products Containing This Ingredient
- Tiege Hanley Acne Cream
- Tiege Hanley Morning Facial Moisturizer (SPF 20)
- Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner
Tiege Hanleys acne and men's skin care kit both feature at least one product that contains Calendula Extract and can perfectly fit into your skin care regimen.