What is Green Tea Extract?
If there is such a thing as a “super ingredient,” then Green Tea Extract is it. This extract is harvested from certain types of green teas and it can be found in a wide range of skin care products.
Benefits of Green Tea Extract
- The primary benefit of Green Tea Extract is as an antioxidant—and it is one of the more powerful antioxidants, helping protect your skin against environmental pollutants.
- Flavonoids also appear to boost immune response in skin cells, making skin better able to protect itself against external toxins.
- Research also shows that the catechins in Green Tea Extract act as a sunblock and as a way to reduce signs of aging in sun-damaged skin.
- Green tea is an anti-inflammatory agent, so it will soothe your skin and help prevent redness.
Green tea extract is best used at least once a day.
Other Ingredients to Consider
Antioxidants such as vitamin C can provide some anti-aging effects as well as protection against environmental agents, but few antioxidants perform quite so well as green tea—and none will block UV rays.
Products Containing This Ingredient
- Tiege Hanley Bedtime Facial Moisturizer
- Tiege Hanley Super Serum
- Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Relief Cream