Is Rosemary Oil Good or Bad for Your Skin?
Sourced from the leaves of the common Rosemary plant, Rosemary Oil offers numerous benefits when it comes to skin care products. Not only does Rosemary Oil stimulate circulation, it also has antioxidant and antibacterial properties. Tiege Hanley explains these and other skin care benefits of Rosemary Oil.
What is Rosemary Oil?
Rosemary is a common herb that is best known as a flavoring. However, the oil from this plant, which is extracted from the leaves, has many therapeutic uses—especially when it comes to skin care.
Benefits of Rosemary Oil
- If you’re prone to oily skin, this ingredient will help reduce excess oil production.
- Rosemary Oil will provide your skin with iron, calcium and several essential vitamins.
- Rosemary Oil is an antioxidant, which gives it anti-aging properties. Additionally, it will help prevent damage to your skin from environmental agents.
- Rosemary Oil has a stimulating effect on skin. It improves circulation, which means that this oil can help reduce puffiness by removing excess water from the skin.
- Rosemary Oil absorbs deep into the skin, which means its benefits will go farther than just the surface of your skin.
- If acne is a concern, you will definitely want to try products with this ingredient. Rosemary Oil is an anti-bacterial that is particularly effective against acnes, which is one of the primary acne-causing bacteria.
Use Rosemary Oil in the morning to prevent environmental damage throughout the day.Take the skin care quiz
Products Containing This Ingredient
Tiege Hanley Morning Facial Moisturizer
- Clinique Smart Treatment Oil
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Recovery Mask-In-Oil