What is Sodium Hyaluronate?
Sodium Hyaluronate (or hyaluronic acid) is an acid that naturally occurs in skin. As a skin care ingredient, this is the ultimate moisturizer, which is why you’ll find it in so many creams and serums.
Benefits of Sodium Hyaluronate
- The Sodium Hyaluronate molecule holds 1,000 times its weight in water. That’s why it is such an effective moisturizer: When applied to skin, it helps skin retain moisture.
- This acid is a skin revitalizer. With regular use, you’ll notice a smoother, softer feel.
- If you’re fighting dry skin, sodium hyaluronate is the best way to add water back to the skin. Use it to correct flakiness and irritation.
- Sodium Hyaluronate is a wrinkle reducer. It accomplishes this feat through hydration—more moisture means firmer, plumper skin, which makes wrinkles less visible.
- This ingredient promotes better blood circulation and nutrient absorption. Use it in conjunction with a nutrient-rich moisturizer or serum to maximize the benefits of the product’s other ingredients.
- Sodium Hyaluronate helps with wound healing, so if you have acne, this ingredient will help prevent scarring.
Sodium Hyaluronate is non-irritating and should be used both morning and evening to hydrate skin.
Products Containing This Ingredient
- Tiege Hanley Acne Cream
- Tiege Hanley Super Serum
- Clinique Moisture Surge Skin Fortifying Hydrator
- Clinique Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator
- L’Oreal Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care