What is Acetyl Hexapeptide-8?
In the skin care industry, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 is sometimes referred to as “Botox in a jar.” This is an ingredient that works by intercepting neurotransmitter signals sent by the brain, which helps to relax facial muscles and reduce the depth of wrinkles.
Benefits of Acetyl Hexapeptide-8
- Research shows that Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 can reduce wrinkle depth by up to 30% over the course of 30 days.
- Because Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 produces similar results to Botox, it’s considered an excellent non-toxic alternative. Creams with this ingredient are designed for topical application, so not only is Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 a non-toxic alternative to Botox, but it’s non-invasive, as well.
- Peptides are well known for their moisturizing abilities. Creams and serums containing peptides help combat dry skin because peptides help bind water to the skin.
- In addition to water-binding properties, peptides also help improve skin elasticity and the skin’s natural moisture barrier.
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 is most beneficial when used in creams or serums rather than cleansers.
- This ingredient can be used day or night, use it whenever you do your normal skin care routine.
Other Ingredients to Consider
Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 belongs to a family of peptides called “neuropeptides.” There are a variety of other neuropeptides on the market, including Argireline and Myoxinol, but Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 is one of the most well-researched and effective neuropeptides.
Products Containing This Ingredient
- Tiege Hanley Bedtime Facial Moisturizer
- Tiege Hanley AM/PM Eye Cream
- Estee Lauder Perfectionist Pro Rapid Firm + Lift Treatment