Free HAND SANITIZER* with code Father.
Is Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 Good or Bad for Your Skin? (March 2020)
Tiege Hanely breaks down the details on Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, which is sometimes referred to as “Botox in a jar.” This is an ingredient that works by intercepting neurotransmitter signals sent by the brain, which helps to relax facial muscles and reduce the depth of wrinkles.
What is Acetyl Hexapeptide-8?
In the skin care industry, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 is sometimes referred to as “Botox in a jar.” This is an ingredient that works by intercepting neurotransmitter signals sent by the brain, which helps to relax facial muscles and reduce the depth of wrinkles.TRY MEN’S SKIN CARE
Benefits of Acetyl Hexapeptide-8
- Research shows that Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 can reduce wrinkle depth by up to 30% over the course of 30 days.
- Because Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 produces similar results to Botox, it’s considered an excellent non-toxic alternative. Creams with this ingredient are designed for topical application, so not only is Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 a non-toxic alternative to Botox, but it’s non-invasive, as well.
- Peptides are well known for their moisturizing abilities. Creams and serums containing peptides help combat dry skin because peptides help bind water to the skin.
- In addition to water-binding properties, peptides also help improve skin elasticity and the skin’s natural moisture barrier.
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 is most beneficial when used in creams or serums rather than cleansers.
- This ingredient can be used day or night, use it whenever you do your normal skin care routine.
Actual Tiege Hanley Member Testimonial
"Being a personal trainer, looking great is part of my job. Had recent string of break outs that really took their toll on my skin and wanted a solution that was simple to follow. Enter Tiege Hanley. After using it since it started, the talks about my skin went from 'what happened to your skin"' to 'what are you doing with your skin, its looks amazing'. Love the AM moisturizer, as it helps keep my face hydrated and doesn't dry it out." Isaiah J. Whiting, IN
Take the skin care quiz
Other Ingredients to Consider
Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 belongs to a family of peptides called “neuropeptides.” There are a variety of other neuropeptides on the market, including Argireline and Myoxinol, but Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 is one of the most well-researched and effective neuropeptides.
Products Containing This Ingredient
- Tiege Hanley Bedtime Facial Moisturizer
- Tiege Hanley AM/PM Eye Cream
- Estee Lauder Perfectionist Pro Rapid Firm + Lift Treatment