5 Spas Designed for Men
Every guy deserves a little pampering. Check out our list of luxe spas designed to give guys the VIP treatment.
Relaxing massages, skin-boosting facials and full-body scrubs are no longer reserved for women. Guys, too, are taking full advantage of the many health benefits that spa treatments have to offer their male audiences these days, often making them a regular part of their wellness routine.
The increasing number of guys going to spas has not gone unnoticed by the spa industry. Today, many spa facilities offer special treatments catering exclusively to their male audience, from “gentleman’s facials” to deep tissue massages that target sore legs.
If you’re thinking about booking a wellness weekend for yourself, we have a handful of spa treatments that we think you’ll love. Before we dive in, here are a few interesting things to know about spas for men:
- Men have been using spas for wellness and healing for thousands of years.
- Going to a spa can relieve stress and tension, improving your overall sense of well-being.
- The best spas for men feature spa treatments designed to enhance their experience.
Why Every Guy Deserves a Spa Weekend
Sadly, a lot of guys are missing out on the vast health benefits of spas because they believe it’s something only women do. Historically speaking, however, spa therapies have arguably been more of a man’s activity than a woman’s.
According to an article published in BMJ Journals, Roman soldiers often developed their own spa sites and used them to bathe, relax, treat medical conditions and play sports (see claim: “Romans built their own thermal baths at mineral and thermal springs…a military presence was often the key to development of such a spa resort.”) If you ever find yourself wrestling with the idea of getting a men’s pedicure or a sea mineral bath, just tell yourself that you’re practicing self-care as ancient Roman soldiers once did.
More importantly, guys deserve to pamper themselves just as much as women. According to the American Psychological Association, guys are less likely to report feelings of stress compared to women, despite both genders feeling similar levels of stress (see claim: “Though they report similar average stress levels, women are more likely than men to report that their stress levels are on the rise.”)
The bottom line is that spa treatments are for everyone, regardless of gender. If you’re ready to embrace wellness and experience a relaxing spa weekend, we have just the spa treatments to make you feel utterly relaxed and pampered.
5 Spa Treatments for Men
If you’re new to the spa experience and prefer a guy-centric experience, you’re in luck. There are several well-known spa facilities that offer spa treatments designed exclusively for men.
Schedule a wellness weekend at one of these spa facilities and don’t be surprised when you come home feeling like a brand-new person:
Red Mountain Resort—No matter where you’re located, Red Mountain Resort in Ivins, Utah is well worth the trip. The resort boasts a wide offering of spa services for men, including their Gentleman’s Facial, a facial which uses ingredients formulated specifically for the skin care needs of men. Need a fresh hairstyle? Check out the Gentleman’s Cut, a full-service haircut complete with peppermint shampoo and a warm neck towel.
- Hop in the Spa—If you’re a beer-enthusiast looking for a unique spa experience, check out Hop in the Spa in Sisters, Oregon. Known as America’s first beer spa, this one-of-a-kind spa treatment involves soaking in craft beer while noshing on Bavarian pretzels and drinking tasty craft brews.
- Mosaic Wellness and Beauty—Located in Tinton Falls, New Jersey, Mosaic Wellness and Beauty offers several Gentleman’s Spa Packages to soothe your aches and pains. Opt for their King of Diamonds, a spa package which includes the following: A specially-drawn bath, an aromatherapy Salt Glow treatment, a Swedish massage and their customized facial for men (aka, the Black Tie Facial) to soothe red, irritated skin caused by shaving and other guy-centric skin care woes.
- Sunstone Spa—Voted the #1 spa in California in 2018 by Spas of America, the Sunstone Spa is a luxurious escape for all. Located in the greater Palm Springs area, this spa has a vast array of spa treatments, including a special sports massage for men that can be tailored to your specific needs. If you aren’t athletic, check out their volcanic body scrub treatment which uses lava stones rich in silica to restore and renew the skin.
- The Sanctuary Spa—After you finish playing on one of the championship golf courses at Kiawah Resort, head to the Sanctuary Spa where experienced therapists will use a golf ball to loosen deep knots in your muscles. Located in Kiawah Island in South Carolina, the spa and golf package is the ideal escape for golf enthusiasts everywhere.
Can you believe that just a few decades ago, spa treatments were viewed as something only women ever did? Oh, how the (massage) tables have turned.
Once you experience one of these spa treatments, we guarantee that you’ll be scheduling your next appointment right away. In the meantime, pamper your skin with one of our Skin Care Systems designed specifically for men. By keeping the self-care momentum going, you can achieve a spa-like glow with little effort on your part.