What is Lavandula Oil?
Lavandula Oil is an essential oil that is harvested from the lavender plant. It’s had many medicinal uses throughout history and today, it is a popular skin care ingredient.
Benefits of Lavandula Oil
- One of the primary benefits of Lavandula Oil is its soothing effect. The scent of lavender has long been known to be relaxing, though some research states that part of this effect may also come from Lavandula Oil’s ability to penetrate through the skin barrier.
- Lavandula Oil is well-known for its antimicrobial properties. Thus, skin care products with this oil can be used to treat bacterial acne.
- This is an ingredient that helps reduce redness. This means that not only does Lavandula Oil help prevent acne, but it will also help you eliminate post-breakout blotchiness.
- Use Lavandula Oil in the morning to help with redness and at night to relax before bedtime.
- Be sure to test products containing Lavandula Oil on small patches of skin. Though it’s rare, some people do have allergic reactions to this ingredient.
Other Ingredients to Consider
Palmarosa, evening primrose and tuberose oils all have antibacterial effects similar to lavandula, but none of these oils provide a relaxing scent.