What is Salix Alba Bark Extract?
Salix Alba Bark Extract is the fancy name for an extract produced from the bark of the willow tree. Willow bark has a long history of medicinal uses, especially as a pain reliever, and it comes with a variety of skin care benefits.
Benefits of Salix Alba Bark Extract
- Salix Alba Bark Extract contains tannins, which have been used to treat skin conditions like eczema.
- Salicylic Acid is a component of Salix Alba Bark, which means skin care products with this ingredient will help you fight acne.
- Because of the Salicylic Acid content in this ingredient, Salix Alba Bark Extract is also a good chemical exfoliant that helps your skin shed dead skin cells.
- This ingredient is an antifungal, which means it will help with any fungal skin conditions you may experience.
- Salix Alba Bark Extract is known to help with wound healing, which will reduce the risk of scarring caused by acne.
- This extract reduces inflammation. Use it to help combat redness from acne and other types of skin irritation.
Since Salix Alba Bark Extract contains Salicylic Acid, which can be drying, be sure to use this ingredient with a good moisturizer.
Products Containing This Ingredient