What Is Cucumber Extract—Is it Good or Bad for Your Skin?
Cucumber Extract is a widely known treatment for sunburn because it has a cooling effect on skin, reducing pain from a bad burn. It's also an antioxidant and is useful for treating inflammation and irritation in general. Learn more about Cucumber Extract and its applications in men's skin care at Tiege Hanley.
What is Cucumber Extract?
Cucumber extract comes from (you guessed it!) cucumbers. More specifically, it’s the juice harvested from the cucumber fruit.
Benefits of Cucumber Extract
- Cucumber is a widely known treatment for sunburn because it has a cooling effect on skin, reducing pain from a bad burn.
- This extract is great for reducing inflammation and irritation in general. We recommend its use if you have redness or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation as a result of acne.
- As an antioxidant, Cucumber Extract helps prevent environmental damage and signs of aging.
- Cucumber Extract is a valuable source of a variety of nutrients, including amino acids, fatty acids and vitamins including ascorbic acid (vitamin C).
- Use Cucumber Extract as an after-sun product to reduce pain and redness.
- Face washes with Cucumber Extract can help prevent irritation caused by exfoliation.
Other Ingredients to Consider
Ascorbic acid is a compound in Cucumber Extract, but it’s also found separately in a variety of skin care formulations. Where possible, choose Cucumber Extract over plain ascorbic acid so you can take advantage of cucumber’s cooling, soothing properties.
Products Containing This Ingredient