Men’s Face Cream with SPF
On the hunt for a men's face cream with SPF? Learn about the benefits of SPF face cream for men, why you need it and what to look for in a daily moisturizer.
Besides washing your face and applying sunscreen, moisturizing your skin is perhaps the most essential part of any skin care routine.
A high-quality face cream with SPF can help you combat flakiness and irritation while protecting your skin from the sun’s harsh UV rays.
But do guys really need a face cream with SPF?
And if so, what should they be looking for on the label?
We have the lowdown on everything you need to know about face cream for men.
First, here are three things you should know about men’s face cream with SPF:
- Every guy can benefit from using a face cream with SPF, regardless of his skin type
- A face cream with SPF is essential for guys because they are at an increased risk of skin cancer
- The best face creams for men are lightweight, non-comedogenic and contain hydrating ingredients that won’t irritate skin
What Is Face Cream and Why Do I Need It?
A face cream is a type of moisturizer that is formulated to hydrate the skin on your face.
Consider it your go-to weapon for combating a dull complexion and dry, flaky skin.
If you have oily skin, you may be wondering why you need a face cream in the first place.
The short answer: Having oily skin isn’t the same thing as having hydrated skin.
Normal, oily, dry, sensitive and combination skin types can all suffer from dehydration.
If your skin is dehydrated, it means that the stratum corneum (the outer layer of your skin) has reduced water content.
Why Is Dehydrated Skin Such a Big Deal?
A lack of water in the skin can result in a slew of annoying skin problems.
It could also be the reason behind your acne breakouts.
According to research published in the British Journal of Dermatology, dehydrated skin is believed to play a role in the formation of acne (see claim: “These results suggest that an impaired WBF caused by decreased amounts of ceramides may be responsible for comedo formation…”)
Furthermore, dehydrated skin is a sign that the stratum corneum—your skin’s front line defense against the outside world—is impaired.
When the stratum corneum is weak, it can’t protect you as efficiently from external factors such as ultraviolet (UV) rays and potential irritants.
What to Look for in a Men’s Face Cream with SPF
Every guy needs a face cream—period.
However, not all face creams are created equal.
For starters, guys need a face cream with SPF to protect their skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
Excessive UV exposure can speed up visible signs of aging and increase your risk of skin cancer, a disease that disproportionally affects men.
Secondly, look for a daily face cream that is non-comedogenic—meaning, it won’t clog your pores.
If you have acne-prone skin, a lightweight face cream that won’t make your face feel greasy is essential.
Finally, be sure to choose a face cream that is formulated with your skin type in mind.
If you have sensitive skin, avoid potentially irritating ingredients like artificial fragrances and dyes, as these can lead to redness, burning and itching.TAKE THE SKIN CARE QUIZ
Why Tiege Hanley’s Face Cream with SPF Is #1
Let’s face it—shopping for skin care products can be a crapshoot.
Rooting out the best face creams for men can take a significant amount of time and energy.
If you want to take the hassle out of shopping for a face cream, check out Tiege Hanley’s daytime moisturizer with SPF.
Our daily moisturizer has everything a guy needs to keep his skin healthy and looking its best–day in and day out.
Here’s a quick overview of what makes our face cream for men a moisturizing rock star:
- It’s non-greasy. Worried about potential acne breakouts? Our lightweight face cream contains non-comedogenic ingredients that won’t weigh your skin down or make your face super shiny.
- It protects against sun damage. Our face cream has SPF 20 to protect your handsome mug from the harmful effects of UV rays. Additionally, it has the Skin Cancer Foundation’s Seal of Recommendation—because we take skin cancer seriously around here.
- It’s a hydrating powerhouse. Packed with nourishing ingredients such as Calendula Extract and Lavendula Oil, our AM moisturizer is designed to soothe and hydrate skin to keep it feeling fresh all day.
- It’s formulated for all skin types. It doesn’t matter whether you have dry, oily, normal, sensitive or a combination skin type. Our fragrance-free face cream for men is formulated to work with any skin type.
- It’s not complicated. Our face cream is designed to work flawlessly with our other skin care products. In other words, you don’t need to play the part of chemist by trying to figure out which skin care ingredients can be mixed. We’ve done the hard part for you by creating skin care products that work in tandem with each other.
There is no guy on the planet who doesn’t stand to benefit from a face cream with SPF.
To start giving skin the hydration it craves, pick up a face cream with SPF that is formulated specifically for your skin.
And for maximum skin care benefits, be sure to use it right after you wash your face with a mild facial cleanser.
Crowther, J. M., et al. “Measuring the Effects of Topical Moisturizers on Changes in Stratum Corneum Thickness, Water Gradients and Hydration in Vivo.” The British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 159, no. 3, Sept. 2008, pp. 567–77.